Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Happy New Year!

Although I've been here on Kauai for two months now, I'd say it's just starting to sink in that this is where I live, not just some extended vacation. I'm feeling sufficiently settled in at home, am working hard and playing harder. What better time than January 1st to begin a new life full of fun, food and adventure?!

And an even better question: What better way to kick off 2011 than with an easy, delicious mimosa with a Hawaiian twist?!

One of the first Hawaiian products I learned about was Hawaiian Sun. This is a line of canned nectar drinks. In the grocery stores they're impossible to miss- stacks of jewel tone cans covered in illustrations of tropical fruit...um.... YES PLEASE!

Well needless to say, their flavors are just as enticing as their packaging. With offerings such as Guava Nectar, Pass-o-Guava, Passion Orange, Lilikoi, Strawberry and Island Iced Tea, there is something for every taste.  I've quickly realized that in my case, every taste is something for me! And to make matters even better, I found out that Hawaiian Sun is 100% all natural.
The ingredients lists consist solely of fruit puree, natural cane sugar, citric acid and natural coloring. Now here's a canned drink anyone can get behind- yum!


I'm not gonna lie. The first time I enjoyed myself a nice cold Pass-o-Guava one afternoon I couldn't help but realize, "Man, I can see how this could be a really refreshing hangover cure." Then, in the same mental breath thought, "Oh dang.... I'll bet this business is gooooood with some booze up in it!"


So this New Year, I've combined the two and present you with the
Hawaiian Sun Guava Mimosa!
Now, I know you don't have much energy right now, 
so I'm gonna keep this simple :
"Chef's Best" seal doesn't lie
on the Andre!!


Ingredients for 4:
2 Cans Guava Hawaiian Sun
1 Bottle fine champagne
2 Cups ice
4 Hibiscus for garnish
4 Straws
4 Stemmed cocktail glasses

-Fill glass half full with ice
-Pour champagne halfway up glass
-Shake Guava Nectar well and fill glass
-Garnish straws with flower and serve!




~
What's that? 
You're on the mainland and you 
want to try some of this delicious Hawaiian Sun beverage treat?
Well then shoot me an email at purrsnicketyh@gmail.com for a complete list of flavors and prices. 
I'll ship ya some. 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment